Monday, 29 September 2008

Raya raya raya

Honestly speaking, it has been a while since I have visited my own blog. Awu, batah sudah ku inda melawat this blog, apa lagi kan mengupdate. It's not that I don't have the time, I think I lost the blogger in me, like seriously. So let me just give it a shot here. I'll just cakap whatever that comes to mind lah ah.

What have I been up to? Well, nothing much. I've just been bumming around di rumah my nini and running errands for everyone. I haven't seen much of my friends either. It's hard to arrange sungkai-out especially ujung-ujung puasa ani.

I didn't get the scholarship to pusure a BA Degree. So I should be starting work really soon, hopefully. I can't go as a private student because I simply can't afford it. Plus, I'm bonded to the government as a pendidik. If I went as a private student pun it would be against the agreement. It's all cool though. Things are fine either way. In a few weeks time, behold: Cikgu Jirin. InsyaAllah, if all goes well, I will be stationed at MTSSR. Speaking of which, what do you guys think sounds more Cikgu-ey? Cikgu Jirin? Cikgu Khairul? Sir Khairul? Sir Jirin? Mister Khairul? Haha, Jirin doesn't sound too professional, so maybe Khairul. But honestly, I sometimes don't even answer to the name Khairul. Luan biasa sudah wah kana panggil Jirin. I was told not to use Jirin because it doesn't sound glamourous. Haha, bulih? Peduli ku glamourous kah inda glamourous. Jadinya apa? Do I come up with a glamourous name now that I'm entering the working arena? Like Mister Not-So-Slim Shady or something like that? Uncool.

I'm quite excited to be back in the school environment. Probably not as a student this time, but as a teacher. I'm excited to see what I'm capable of. I probably wasn't the best behaved student back in the day, so I should be expecting students who are like me jua. Karma, it's called. I don't know if having students my age is a good thing or not. I shall wait and see.

Other than that, I am flying off to UK lagi for Hari Raya tommorow. So, again, I will be missing Hari Raya in Brunei once again; which saddens me really. It's gonna be the third time I'm gonna miss Raya. The parental unit insists that I join them and my two sisters for raya there in UK. Oh well. Maybe once I start work I'll be able to make my own decisions. No more Mister Pushover. So I say...

So we're approaching the end of Ramadhan. You think that 30 days is batah, and then the next thing you know, it's been 20+ days sudah ketani puasa. Time goes by really fast nowadays. Esuk lusa raya tia sudah. Yeah, the day when we all forgive and forget, the joyous days of Syawal. Aku ada potong baju cara melayu wah eventhough I won't be celebrating raya this year. Iatah I tried them on a few nights ago after I picked it up dari the tailor. That was the most of the raya -in-Brunei feeling that I could get this year. Bummer. Oh well, semoga umur panjang, ada lagi Hari Raya in the future.

Selamat Hari Raya to you. Sincerest apologies if anything. Take care blogees!

2 comments:

War186 said...

Ok jua tu Cikgu Jirin. Has a nice ring to it kali ko jadi cikgu famous kana panggil jua Cikgu Jirin yang cali ah or something. ;P

Anyway, selamat hari raya Jirin! :D Have a good one despite having to be in the UK for it.

D said...

Its Checher Jirin lah.

Selamat Hari Raya. Maaf Zahir and Batin, Jirin :)